-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Is 98 better than XP?

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:19:37 -0700

I have no problem viewing the page either..and I am on XP...

Does he have a firewall?

Have you checked all of his settings?

I have seen an error message like this ... and I think it was on a site that
insisted it had to have you accept cookies...
Now, this personal site might not..but I wonder if the owner..web space
provider..has something going on?
That is just a thought.

Unfortuantely the error message is at fault here in that it is not
definitive enough....

I do not understand about you both having the same 'company' and 'side of
the water'.

If by company, you are talking your ISP's.. and by side of the water you
mean Europe and North America....
then... yes I think the settings can be way different by the ISP's.

Not sure where you are... (not sure where I am...lol!  - Las Vegas is where
I am..... I think.... lol!) nor where your friend is..but.. have you had
someone... with the same ISP on his side of the water test this site?

Just some thoughts....

Hugs,

Rose
(I am in the desert..so I am on NO side of the water...ha ha!)