-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer not functioning

Jan,
    It sounds like IE is still trying to load up an AOL toolbar or is using
this Welcome.html file as his Home page.

    From within IE, go to Tools > Internet Options and see if this is the
link that's showing for his Home page on the General tab.  If it is, set it
to http://www.google.com or something else that he would get some better use
from.  If the Home page is not related to AOL, go to the Programs tab and
click on the Manage Add-Ons button and see if there's anything AOL related
listed in there.  Don't just disable whatever you find though.  You're
looking for something that was specifically tied to his old AOL internet
access account and not just an AOL toolbar that even non-AOL subscribers can
use.  You might also come across one links to AOL's instant messenger
program AOL-IM or AIM.  Again, this would not be the cause of such an error
and should not be disabled.

    If you aren't sure about something come back and ask about it before
making changes.      :O)