-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE ads

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:06:35 EST

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:35:35 PST, "milady" wrote:
> All of a sudden I am getting IE ads popping up each time I open
> IE..how does one stop these critters? I have a popup blocker but
> it isn't stopping these things. They are called Advertisements.
> thru IE... Never had these before.   running XP.

That may be because they're coming =from= Earthlink!  Read your
terms of service (probably at the ISP's 'help' web site); they
likely say that the ISP is allowed to accept advertising and to show
it to you as it sees fit.  The difference is that it is coming from
them, not from individual sites you visit... and as such is not
subject to blocking!

Juno, which I've used since '98, has always had one or two pop-ups
appear whenever I get on the web!

--
BOB dot in dot jersey at Juno dot com