From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cajun
Sent: 19 April 2005 17:48
To: PCTechTalk
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- IDE2 & IDE3 Connectors on new build

I have not tried swapping the cables, but they are the same brand and type
cable (both new) and each set of peripherals works on the cable they are on
IDE1.
Yes, this is a RAID motherboard, but I am not running a RAID configuration
and I am not running an SATA hard drive at this time.  I have no intentions
of running RAID.

No, I do not have "Onboard H/W Raid" enabled on the motherboard because I'm
not using a RAID setup.  Does it have to be enabled anyway?  I thought that
enabling it would cause it to look for a RAID setup and I was afraid it
would attempt to set up one whether I wanted it or not.  I only have one
hard drive in it right now and that's an IDE drive.  I've never had a
motherboard with Raid and SATA capabilities, so I don't know what to expect
from those functions.  My gut feeling is that Raid and SATA settings are
somehow interfering.  In the BIOS I have SATA Raid/AHCI Mode disabled and
On-Chip SATA Mode set to Auto.

dj