-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IC power - walmart computer's :VSMail mx1

  • From: "James LaBorde" <jlaborde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:26:31 -0700

Don,

This is not entirely true, "Wal-mart plays by the same rules as =
everybody else."  Walmart plays by its own set of rules.  Out here in =
California, they got a ballot measure in a local election so that they =
could build in a location without doing the requisite environmental =
impact and traffic studies that every other business must do in order to =
build.  (Fortunately, the voters told them where to stick it).

I have also seen Walmart use its resources to take losses on most items =
to force a competitor out of business, then once the competitor was =
gone, raised its prices higher than the old competitor had been.

James