-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I Want To Try Something A Little Different!!

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 09:40:10 -0700

Hi Gratchie,
Yes if you Fdisk you will loose all data.

Always backup data and drivers before formatting.
The programs you can reinstall from there software disk's.
If they are programs you have downloaded be sure to save them as
well, and any activation codes.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 07/07/2002 at 1:41 PM gratchie wrote:

just one more question, if i use fdisk, will it destroy all my
existing files? do i need to reinstall all my programs? (sorry=
 for
the ignorance =3D)

thanks,
gratchie

>Hi Gratchie,
>Here is one program;
>http://www.ranish.com/part/
>Ranish Partition Manager is a boot manager and hard disk
>partitioner.
>It gives users high level of control for running multiple
>operating systems,
>such as Windows 98/NT/XP, Linux, FreeDOS, and FreeBSD on a=
 single
>disk.
>The latest version could create, copy, move, and resize up to=
 32
>primary and extended partitions.
>There are, also, included command line interface similar to=
 gdisk
>and a simulation version that works with the large files=
 instead