-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hotmail and Junkmail

Thank you. So the bottom line is that after designating any spam as junk
mail (or putting that spam into the junk mail folder), I can immediately
delete it and Hotmail got the message. Personally I don't think any of this
works as the senders have a way of changing their identities faster than I
can designate their mails as junk. --- Harold

Steve wrote:
> Harold I have a hotmail account in which I get a massive amount of spam.
> Once you mark it as spam and it goes to the spam folder, and hopefully it
> will continue to do so, you can delete yourself or wait for hotmail to do
> it. It makes no difference. I delete mine everyday.  Also hotmail nor any
> email service that I use or know of notifies anyone that you have marked
there mail as spam and are not receiving it. Steve

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Harold B. wrote:
>> Hello again ... In Hotmail, when designating email as "Junk" and sending
>> that email to the "Junk" folder, what happens? Am I supposed to leave all
>> junk mail in that junk folder (although I think after a period of time,
>> Hotmail automatically deletes it)? And if I immediately delete it from
>> that folder, was some signal immediately sent out to the Hotmail
>> organization so alerting them that I am not to receive email from that
>> address? In other words, what is the procedure regarding junk mail? ---
>> Harold

in the Subject.