-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help With Update That Popped Up

  • From: WhatzForDinner <whatzfordinner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:19:23 -0500

I just went thru all the riggamaroll (??) lol to uninstall acrobat reader
9.0 and went and got foxit (which by the way you don't even have to
install......just click the .exe and you're in business) and then remembered
the whole reason I HAD to get acrobat reader in the first place, so when my
own PDF Complete (which came with pc) nor Foxit would work, I ended up
reinstalling acrobat 9.0 again....................geeze!!!!!  My husband's
workplace has their own website where you have to do a lot of your own human
resources stuff from and where we view his paycheck stubs, etc. ONLY and i
mean ONLY will work with acrobat reader installed.  So now all's well in my
world again.  Gosh I hope I don't go through that again.  They actually
changed his work's website around a few months ago and it took me forever to
get those PDF's to open and I didn't realize it HAD to be that specific
program.  Hopefully I've learned this lesson and won't spend my afternoon
going thru this aggravatio AGAIN, lolol.
sandy

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Heh heh, it's worse for us techs because we not only have to figure it out
> ourselves, we also have to understand it well enough to explain it to
> others.     lol
>
> Peace,
> Gman
> http://www.bornagainamerican.org

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless."  Mother Teresa