-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP won't load Windows XP

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:03:30 -0400

Take the setup/install CD out of the drive.

If you have already done that, there was something corrupted during the
install.

Using a bootable utility disk, FDISK and FORMAT the drive and try the
installation again.  I would not use the install disk to do the format....
just in case.

The format is important to reduce the chance of any corrupted files on the
drive
being seen by setup again.

Don