-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP won't load Windows XP

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:28:44 +0100

On 12 Apr 2005 at 21:23, Randy Hibdon wrote:
> Hi I am trying to replace a hard drive in my nieces HP computer. I put
> the hard drive in and when I try to load windows xp pro on it. It
> starts out fine I formatted the hard drive and start loading the
> windows files but when it comes to the place were it reboots the
> whole process starts over again. Does anyone have any ideas for
> me to try?

Newer versions of Windows aren't meant to have problems with this,
but try removing the CD and any floppy disks immediately after
rebooting. After restarting, if the Windows installation needs data
from the CD, it will prompt you to re-insert it.

If you continue to have problems, let us know how you formatted the
HD, and if you made it NTFS or FAT32.

Faustus