-=PCTechTalk=- Re: H E L P ! Machine Froze... and now.... my video will ...

Rose!  It's 3 or 4 am in your neighborhood, what are you doing awake at this
hour?
If your m/o and processor supports hyperthreading and you have HT invoked,
then it takes TWO mem sticks to get the advantage.

I looked into this whole issue a couple of months ago when I had to replace
my laptop.

I ended up with a used Sager 8887 that doesn't support HT, but that's ok...
this machine is a sweetheart and still under warranty.  Beautiful 16" uxga
screen with no dead pixels.

By the way, I just won an auction for Partition Magic for my external, thanks
for the tip on DataKeeper.

See ya, gotta go feed the cats

mjh

In a message dated 2/22/2004 5:43:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It is a Fry's Store brand...and it is Windows XP.

We got the web cam on tonight.. what fun us two fools had.... from dining
room to computer room....lol! Reminded us of the old days..when we met on
line.... and chatted all night long....night after night after night.....
But .. that ended almost 6 yrs ago.... now we  chat being together....

We will have fun..  I found out they sold me the wrong memory to add on..so
have to go back tomorrow..and.... then...there is a scratch... about 3
inches long..on the clear lucite looking front..that looks white...and I
want them to replace the front..or I will return it... we shall see......

Thanks for your kind words...  I am sorry you miss you hubby.  My late
husband died in 1992..and Jerry & I met on line in 1997..quite by
accident..and as they say..the rest is history.  I had never had a date and
was not interested.... I became a widow at 47..and never expected any
changes.. I know better now....

Do you ..or anyone know anything about dual channel memory..is it really
better?

Hugs,
Rose