-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Giveaway of the Day - Driver Magician 3.28

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:41:42 -0400

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  But I think there is a difference <chuckle>
It appears the setup for Driver Magic is different than for Easy Macro
Recorder.

There was no "Activate.exe" in the zipped Easy Macro Recorder program files.
It
comes with only two files, a "readme" file and a "setup" file.  Perhaps some of
the confusion is a result of the differences.

The process I outlined works for Easy Macro..................it would be a
slightly different process for Driver Magic.

 Regards,

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
            ,,,,,,,,
           Ô¿Ô¬
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
                 Cincinnati, OH -- Scottsdale, AZ
                          NRA Life Member
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
 Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.

 --  Will Rogers

   -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:56:51 -0400, GMan wrote:

|  Hi Bob,
|  The only thing you're missing is that we're talking about the
|  previous day's freebee (Driver Magician), which included a
|  separate file (Activate.exe) which had to be run prior to running
|  the main installation file.  WinZip's Wizard mode ignores all but
|  the usual installation file names, so it ignored the Activate.exe
|  file, too.  Bypassing the running of that file causes a trial
|  version to be installed instead of the full version.
|
|  As for the method I gave to unzip the file, it simply guarantees
|  that the contents of the zip file don't get mixed in with all of
|  the other files in the folder containing the zip file.  It's also
|  easier than directing it to where you wish to unzip it.  In other
|  words, if the contents are not already enclosed within a folder
|  inside the zip file (something that is not always easy for
|  everyone to ascertain), you will still end up with them separated
|  from the rest of the stuff in that folder.      :O)
|
|  I suspect you're still in AZ.  How's the weather where you are?
|  We're in the midst of a relatively mild ice storm in MI.     :0(
|
|  Peace,
|
|  http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue
|
|  "The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"

| |
| |  I followed the above and the macro program installed easily.
| |  The only difference in my actual installation is a couple of
| |  steps are eliminated when I
| |  use Total Commander as a file manager.....it can open a zip
| |  file by itself.
| |
| |  Regards,
| |