-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Giveaway of the Day - Driver Magician 3.28

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:46:29 -0400

First:
Installation

Unzip the package you`ve downloaded and run the activation program
Activate.exe which is included in the package, then run Setup.exe to
install the software.

You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during
the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support
2) No free upgrades to future versions
3) Strictly non-commercial usage

Second, I downloaded it last night and tried to install it this morning.  It
says the installation period is passed.

 Regards,

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
            ,,,,,,,,
           Ô¿Ô¬
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
                 Cincinnati, OH -- Scottsdale, AZ
                          NRA Life Member
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
 "Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't they'd be
married too."

 -- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956), American editor, critic

   -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:35:03 -0700, Bonnie wrote:

|  I downloaded Drive Magician on the Give away of the day site and
|  there was no window that came up with a key or registration code
|  or registration name. I installed downloaded several times and
|  installed several times and no registration code nothing. It just
|  gives me a window telling me it is an evaluation copy copy and to
|  please register. Then says trial time 3-26-2008 to 4-11-2008. Also
|  there was not a file called Activate.exe in the unzipped folder.
|  Since I am on the Giveaway of the Day list, I sent an email
|  telling them about the problem and I sent it to Drive Magician
|  Bonnie ----- Original Message ----- From: "GMan"
| <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx> To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent:
|  Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:23 PM
|  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Giveaway of the Day - Driver Magician
|  3.28
|

| |  Bob,
| |  I just tested the process.  Today's download includes an
| |  Activate.exe file that must be run.  It connects with a server
| |  to verify the time and then writes a few registry entries that
| |  allows the app to install.  I'm about to try yesterday's
| |  download to see how it handles a late install. We
| |  can all now assume it won't work, but if I get any surprises,
| |  I'll repost the results.
| |
| |  What a bummer!
| |
| |  Peace,
| |
| |  http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue
| |
| |  "The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"
| |
| |
| |
| | |  Hmmmmmmmmmm   How would they know??