-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Gateway Question : Update

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:33:34 -0500

Steve,
    I'm really glad to hear that you now have a 'new' system.  Sometimes, a
format/reinstall is the absolute only way to go, but I prefer to leave that
as more of a last resort when answering questions online, since I have no
way of really knowing how much the person knows about backing up old stuff
and getting through the process without an internet connection.  Personally,
I have no problems with doing it on my own systems (got it down to a
science) and rarely hesitate if I feel something isn't working right, but
it's not advice I quickly toss around to many others, especially online.
:O)

    Are you still going to play around with Ubuntu to see what it's like?

Peace,
GMan

The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask.