-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Gateway Question : Update

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:33:34 -0500

    I'm really glad to hear that you now have a 'new' system.  Sometimes, a
format/reinstall is the absolute only way to go, but I prefer to leave that
as more of a last resort when answering questions online, since I have no
way of really knowing how much the person knows about backing up old stuff
and getting through the process without an internet connection.  Personally,
I have no problems with doing it on my own systems (got it down to a
science) and rarely hesitate if I feel something isn't working right, but
it's not advice I quickly toss around to many others, especially online.

    Are you still going to play around with Ubuntu to see what it's like?

The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask.