-=PCTechTalk=- Re: G-Man or Any who Know ..

  • From: David Weaver <djweaver.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:19:34 -0400

CompTIA is who administers the A+ and Net+ certifications.
http://comptia.org can tell you everything about the test where to test etc.

Just fyi off the top of my head:

1.  The test is adapative, so your test could be short or extremely long
depending on how you answer the tough questions.
2.  The test automatically stops once you can no longer pass the section
you are currently testing in.
3.  You can take both sections at once or do them on different days.
4.  Even if you know how to accomplish a task, if it's not their way
it's the wrong way.  So pay close attention to how they tell you to
accomplish something.

On a personal note, there are a lot of people with A+ certifications out
there that know nothing, so don't be surprised if a potential employer
asks for verification of your actual skills or other certifications also.

The good thing about A+ and Net+ is that both Microsoft and Novell
accepts these certification in place of some of their own when pursuing
their certifications.  So you can actually save quite a bit of money by
taking and passing these two certification if you plan to go further.