-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMan - monitor settings Re: Re: Way to save my monitor settings?

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:38:00 -0400

Rudy,
    Some upperclass monitors include their own color profile files that tell
the monitor how to best display the system's output.  The instructions
contained within these profiles are often referred to as the monitor's
'temperature' settings.  They basically affect the color balance (how much
blue, green or yellow hues) you see.  If your monitor came with an install
CD, run it.  That's how it would get onto your hard drive.  As you
discovered, Windows provides some of its own, but the one supplied by the
monitor maker is always the best choice.  I'll also mention that most folks
don't really need to give a second thought to any of this.  The function is
primarily for graphics designers who need to better match the final product
to whatever medium their creations will be used (paper print, photo, glossy
magazine, posterboard, etc.).

    Unfortunately, this has nothing at all to do with saving your current
settings.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"