-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Best Buys Return Policy

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:32:54 +0200

 ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Keyboard Cowboy" <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>

>> While I may not like it...........it's appropriate.  If you buy such a
>> piece of equipment and open it, the store can't resell it as new.  Some
>> states such as Arizona have specific laws on this.  Why should a company
>> take a loss if you change your mind?

I recently bought a DVD recorder and in most shops the sellers are not
competent about the products, and do not offer in-store test runs (it would
have taken me 10 minutes to evaluate the recorders). When they dont bother
to have either competent people or in-store testing, they leave it to me to
do research about features and quality, and for that I need to take the
product home, open the box, hook it up, and evaluate it.

I took full advantage of the return policy of 3 shops before I found the
right item in the 4th shop. If they cant bother hiring good salespeople,
they should let people return items that you cannot possibly know will meet
your criteria beforehand.

And no, internet research is not good enough in many cases.

glenn