-=PCTechTalk=- Re: From Rick

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk Group <FreeLists>" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 06:21:25 -0400

As I said before, I'll reply to these directly to the group so that everyone
else can play along.  I am also sending it privately to Rick so tht he has a
direct post he can use for his own replies.

Rick, you should reply to both the list and to my private addy any time we
try an experiment (like I'm about to ask you to do below).  Sending to me
privately will give you the ability to use more than a subject line's worth
of words and sending to the group will constitute the actual test.

Right now, with no reason other than the fact that it has caused me and at
least one other person trouble with Firefox, I suspect a recent MS Windows
Update release for the Outlook breakage.  I will do what I can to
investigate other possibilities, but that will likely remain a strong
contender until it is disproven by someone else running Outlook 2007 in HTML
mode with the latest round of MS patches applied on an XP SP3 system.
lol

The first thing I have to ask is how you were able to get that one message
through when the rest of them failed.  This is extremely important since it
told me that something that's apparently still under your control will allow
you to get a post through.  I also need to ask whether of not you're using
any type of encryption program on Outlook, even if you don't use it for
posts to the group.

For the first experiment, I'd like you to try replying in Text Only mode.

Peace,
Gman