-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:32:32 -0500

I am back after a 3 day jaunt around the State seeing all the kids,
grandkids, and quite a few of the elderly family members.
Now as to those fonts.  On the ones with duplicates, there is only one in my
Backup folder containing the subfolder of Original fonts.  But in Windows
fonts folder there are two of Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans Bold, and of Georgia
and its variants.  I checked with the app you suggested, G, and found sizes
to be the same except most were one or two KB larger on disk. The versions
were all the same and the date created was the same.  Under version
information the dates created were earlier but still the same in both fonts.
There is one slight difference.  In the Georgia fonts showing in Windows
fonts folder one just indicates the name only and the duplicate has (True
Type) under the name.  The Comic Sans MS all versions had (True Type) under
the name.  Another difference is in All Caps or small caps.  For Instance in
one Comic Sans Ms properties, general it is seen as COMIC.TTF and in the
second font of the same name,size,version, the name in properties,general is
Comic.ttf    The Georgia fonts were the same also except for the caps, small
caps difference.
I do not know how to tell if any of these are  shortcuts when there is no
little arrow indicating such.  Is there a way?
Sandi