-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewall or Browser?

  • From: "sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:56:29 +0100

Hi Taanzaa,
I have Norton firewall but no problem getting on the site you mentioned.
This is the URL:http://www.gloss.com/home/index.jsp

sylvia.......holland.

Hi:

I've had trouble connecting to a particular site and I
was wondering if someone could tell me what route this
ip address takes to get to it's destination.  I have
outpost firewall and I was wondering if it were some
setting in my firewall that is not allowing me access
to this particular address or my browser settings.  I
have a few advertisers sites blocked in my firewall
and in the browser.  The web address is www.gloss.com.

Hope I gave enough information.  Oh, I have checked in
internet tools to see if the site was listed in the
restricted area but, it's not.  I've even tried
entering into the firewall a browser rule for this
site and it still comes up with an 'action
cancelled'page.

Any help would be appreciated.