-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox update

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:14:38 -0500

Either way works, but I prefer to save it and then run it from my hard

By saving it, I'll have my own copy in my Downloads area that I can use to
reinstall it if necessary.  Since I occasionally blow up perfectly good
Windows installs and usually redo them about every 6 months even if they
don't necessarily need it, this approach really comes in handy for me.

Still, no matter which approach you take, back up your entire Profile folder
before you take the plunge.  If anything should go wrong (doubtful, but
still), you can uninstall Firefox, replace the profile with the backup and
then reinstall the older version to get right back to where you are right