-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox error

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:58:09 -0800

Hello Folks,
I consider Flash to be a virus<G>.

It tries to install it's self without my permission when
I attempt to visit web pages using it.

I'm a control freak it is my computer and I insist on
controlling what happens with/on it.

So I use an alternate browser (Avant IE based)
I have gone into it's tools> internet options
 and blocked ActiveX/Java/animations/and video.

If there is something that I need to change the settings
for I set a new restore point in System Restore (SR),
change my browser settings view what I have to then
use SR to revert to my previous settings.

Hint: set a new restore point called " Test"
        then go back  to SR and try to restore the "Test"
        restored point using System Restore.

       This will confirm that System Restore is working
       correctly on your computer.

System Restore in ME/XP (sorry not in Win 98) is found
in the Accessories from;
Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools>
System Restore

Mike the mod @ vista_