-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Error Message in ArtRage, etc.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:04:13 -0500

ML,
    I was finally able to track down some sort of answer to your issue with
Embird.  It turns out that it WILL be just about as easy as Judith's 'fix'.
Here is the text from the Embird site (although it was very difficult to
locate)

- Everytime I do some changes in settings of Iconizer plug-in, it shows
error "Cannot write to Windows Registry! HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.{extension}. If
you are running Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista, please log on with administrator
privileges."

1. Select "Start > Run" menu in Windows.
2. Type in "regedit" and click OK button to launch Registry Editor
application.
3. Locate the key "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.{extension}" at the left side
of the screen using the tree structure.
4. Double click this key to open it. Probably it will have the
"PersistentHandler" subkey. Delete the "PersistentHandler" subkey.

    If you're not comfy editing the registry, we'll add this to what I need
to do when we make our remote rendezvous.      ;)

Happy Holidays,
Gman