-=PCTechTalk=- Re: End it all

  • From: "Bob Crews" <rec46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:48:24 -0600

Hey Everyone,

I was here this morning and was surprised to see there were so many email in
my box that early in the morning and then I remembered we are all from all
over the world so to some of you, mid night to me is morning to you.  Now I
got up a few hours later after going back to bed to an in box loaded with
over 50 email and were all from this group.

This is great that the group is so active and that there is so much help for
computer problems here that normally would cost lots of money to have a tech
fix for us but through this group most of the problems can be fixed by each
other.  This is in fact, Great!.  After finding my in box so full I decided
maybe we could do something that would be more like talking to each other
live but still on the computer.

Have any of you ever heard of IRC?  If not, it's a place on the Internet
where people from all over the world go to in order to be able to talk to
each other about many things.  On each server are channels which are owned
by people like you and me and is open 24/7.  Constantly.  I was thinking, to
give our email a little bit of a break, maybe I would go open a channel
which would be for the purpose of computer help and maybe even a place to
talk to each other about what ever.  I could do this very easily and
probably within the hour.  Please give me some feed back on this.  If you
all feel you would like to be part of this, I will go open the channel.  It
will not cost anyone any money at all and you will be able to remain on the
channel for as long as you with and there will be NO time limit.  Please let
me know what you think and if you like the idea I'll go fix it up.

Cheers,
Bob