-=PCTechTalk=- Re: EddieB..Re: Re: Help with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware locking up......

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 06:52:11 -0400

Rudy,
After reading all of the replies and trials you've gone through, I'm apt to
suggest that perhaps you simply have a corrupted file within System Restore.
The 'fix' for this is to wipe out all current Restore Points by turning
System Restore off, rebooting and then starting it up again.  Be sure to
then create a new Restore Point so you're not caught without.

On a related note, I'm running a combo of Nod32 and Malwarebytes, along with
Windows own firewall within WinXP and have not had any security issues since
switching to this more simplified approach.  I also have VirusTotal
installed so I can send/scan any individual files that feel suspicious to
me, but I've found that I rarely need it (and have never caught a rogue when
using it).

Peace,
Ray

The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"
http://www.thevenusproject.com