-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Earthlink DSL

  • From: "Hank" <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:25:47 -0600

Hi Tom, The modem is plugged into a plug that isn't but about 5 feet from the
outside phone box, the phone has a diff line coming into the house. I have the
Synt ok, it stops at the ping, Here is a copy of the test.
Test the connections in your home
  Test your Ethernet connection                     : PASS    INFO
  Test ADSL synchronization (Sync)                  : PASS    INFO
  Test Ethernet connection to ATM                   : PASS    INFO
Test the carrier's connection
  Test ATM OAM segment ping                         : FAIL    FIX
  Test ATM OAM end-to-end ping                      : FAIL    FIX

Test your connection to EarthLink
  Test PPPoE server connection                      : FAIL    FIX
  Test PPPoE server session                         : N/A     INFO
  Test authentication with EarthLink                : N/A     INFO
From here down is N?A
Sincerely Yours,
Hank
              My home page