-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Driver Boost---Now SlimDrivers

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:30:50 -0500

I know this is an old topic but I have had a time out in the hospital with
E-Coli.  All better now I think.
Anyway, I checked windows udates and they did not list any drivers needing
updated.  Then I saw an article in PC World (May issue) about a free utility
called SlimDrivers by Slimware Utilities.
I just now got around to checking it out.  I attempted to download Slim
Drivers and ended up on a page tagged as unsafe.  I found Slimware Utilities
through a Google Search and found the free SlimDrivers reported to be free
if you updated one at a time.  If you wanted to buy a year's license you
could update all the drivers at once. I was in no hurry so stuck with
downloading the free version, ignoring the WOT warning which was on Internet
Explorer but not on Firefox (Go figure)  Anyway I got it downloaded but when
I double clicked on the setup to install it it said this would install
EnditAll.  I already have EnditAll but that is irrelevant.  What do you make
of this? I canceled out but I still have the SlimDrivers exe in my download
file. I right clicked on it and ran Malware Bites and it came up clean.
Seems I had the EnditAll come up once before when I was trying to download
something and I backed off just like I did this time.
Would someone be willing to try downloading and installing this utility to
see if the same thing happens to you?
Sandi