-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Driver Boost

  • From: "Sr. Dorothy Robinson" <srdorothy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:16:25 -0700

Hi, Sandi--here are copies of the emails I sent in order--no idea if they're
applicable, but something to try:
1.
Hi, Sandi--
I don't know if this is relevant--but you might check it out.
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

Of course....if you're using a CRT monitor..........it wouldn't be
applicable.

Sr. Dorothy

2.
Sandi,

Here's one more thing I found.  It's noted as 'refundware' which they say
means if you aren't satisfied you click the refund button for reversing
payment.  BUT it doesn't cost anything to find out if you have pixel
problems:  Just click Launch and JScreenfix downloads; click Run to run it
and Java launches (provided you have the latest Java installed).  Click a
button to turn the popup window black, then move it around the desktop
(after cleaning the screen) and according to the site it should show up any
dead pixels.  Since I didn't find any on my monitor...didn't have a chance
to click Fix-- which is where there will be payment requested if any--or
this 'basic' version might be free; don't know.  You might at least do the
testing part and see...

http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php

Sr. Dorothy

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Sandi Beach <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dorothy--thank you for your response.  Now please tell me what you said!!!
> It is "my bad" as I have changed my ISP and have a new e-mail address.  I
> thought I was o.k. though as I am subscribed to pctechtalk as Sandi Beach
> (sandib2@xxxxxxxxx)
> However, I failed to go to gmail and see if everything was configured
> correctly.  My gmail was configured to be sent to a very old address which
> was deleted when the guys set up my new system.  Therefore that is the
> reason I was not getting anything from pctechtalk.  I was getting worried
> and really missing you guys!
> So, now--please help me with this strange issue and let me know if either
> of
> these driver updaters are any good.
> Sandi

in the Subject.