From: "Judith Tramayne" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:17 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8

Never going to happen (LOL) -- can't see a doctor taking the
time to train one of these programs or saying, comma,
exclamation point or other things when your diction isn't as
good as what the program thinks it should be.

Once trained though, it can type as fast as I can speak.  This
program is a lot better than the first one I tried.  It would be
useful for old books I've written but not on computer yet.  I
wouldn't have to retype all of them, just speak and make small
adjustments later in Word or whatever program I'm using.  Maybe
next winter (smile).

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
Sharing is the key to all our $uccess!

I had a frustrating experience about five or so years ago trying
to "train"
one of these speaking programs and left a bad taste in my  mouth
;0
I also type very fast and would find it annoying but had checked
it out for
the heck of it.  I was curious after being told I may be
replaced as a
medical transcriptionist with these types of programs.
Christine