-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DSL companies --- Cindra

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:10:58 -0400

I am on my local cable company. I love it!!
You do have to check your area.
Earthlink sounded good - I looked in to it for a friend, and
they don't offer the DSL in my area.
There is a new - I guess it's a law - something about
telephone companies having to offer DSL. I don't recall the
details, since I didn't need it. Or - if it's a new state
law for where I live - or a national law! (lot of good I'm
doing, huh? ) But - where I live, Verizon is having a big
advertising campaign about their dsl lines. I've gotten
address changes recently from some friends back home (2
hours from me), that they were changing to verizon.
Previously in that area, up until very recently, the only
option people seemed to have was AOL. About a year ago, the
cable company there started a broadband service. I think I
just got the last holdovers jumping from AOL to verizon,
telling me about their new e-mail addresses.

Cris