-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DSL - Filters for electrical outlets -

  • From: Randy Kiefer <rkiefer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:52:25 +0000

I have DSL service and the only filters required are for the phones
connected to the phone line that shares the DSL service. With out the
filters the phones tend have quite bit of static. Not so bad that you
can't use the phone, just very irritating.
I installed the DSL filters at the phone jacks and have not had a problem
since.
Hope this helps.

==============Original message text===============
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:43:34 GMT "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" wrote:

I have a friend who just got DSL and is happy about that.... beats dial up
any day!

But, when he got the service, he was told he needed filters for all his
electrical appliances and was asked how many he  had.  He was told he had to
have one for each one plugged in.

Well, he said 10 as he had no clue and 10 sounded like a lot.  When they
arrived, he started putting them in the outlets and he realized 10 was not
near enough and asked for 15 more.  They are sending them.  Meanwhile, he
has unplugged everything without this filter until the filters arrive.

I have no clue, as I have never had DSL (I am soooooooooooo grateful I have
cable)  What are these filter things?  Are they really necessary and are
they common for everyone with DS:L?  I have never heard anyone mention them
before.

Thanks for any input... This is not an urgent message, just curiosity..
Rose
Las Vegas

Oh! And not just Congrats Mike..but Thank you Mike... you are
appreciated..as are all the mods and owner.  We just forgot to say that
often enough.
I too miss GMan.  He was on a graphics group I was on before I was on this
list.  That is how I found out about this list.. when it was on Yahoo.
Great guy.. in all ways.
Happy Valentine's day all!

===========End of original message text===========