-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer locks up..

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:42:40 -0400

HB,
    I understand that you don't use it for gaming, but some keyboards have
extra buttons (for multimedia, email, internet access, etc.) that require
special drivers that are installed by the manufacturer (if it's a pre-made
system like yours) or yourself (if you built the PC).  The same goes for
mice since mine has a special driver that gives me control over how the side
button and scroll wheel are used.  If either of my drivers gets corrupted
(and it has happened), I get all sorts of odd problems that seem to be
unrelated to those two devices.  However, updating them fixed the problems.
The fact that this started 'out of the blue' somewhat supports the idea of a
defective driver, so that's why I'm pursuing this line of questions.
:O)

    And no, with 2GB worth, it's not a lack of RAM.

Peace,
GMan