-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Compaq Problem

  • From: Steve Aiello <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:46:09 -0500

Last one on this ( I hope ). Finally got it running where he's in love with
it, and I'm ok with it.  i know how I feel about does not matter, But every
time I would get it fixed so would work, he wanted something more done.  Now
it's to the point is to replace it.  He's 82 y/o, and still with it
somewhat.  He can do somethings on the machine himself and only asks for my
help when he gets stuck. He's been on computers since the early days ( DOS
), but had never been on line till I started working on the machine.  He
likes that part also.
  Had a problem with the printer. Would not do anything, print scan or fax.
It was a 3 or 4 y/o Lexmark. Tried updating the drive but still would not
work. Solved this by getting a new printer from Walmart, an HP for a little
over 50 USD.
The only other problem I have not been able to fix is the narrator keeps
starting every time he turns on the machine.  I've tried everything I could
thing of and / or find it no luck.
 that;s it
Steve