-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Compacting OE Files

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:56:30 -0400

'not sure if that is his problem - it isn't my friend's problem, as she
compacts every day - along with dumping her temp files and cache etc.
so - my guess is, that isn't a cause for the error.
I'll have to ask her what happens when she tries to compact each folder
individually.
Cris
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Compacting OE Files

Same suggestions to you too.... scan for malware and viruses.  If that
doesn't fix it try booting to safe mode and compact there.

I suspect that part or all of the problem may be a VERY long time since the
folders were compacted and the files are so huge they are straining the
process.

One more tip... try to compact ONE folder at a time instead of all of them
in a batch.  I would go to my store folder and see whuich folder was the
biggest and compact it first.
Don