-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't update anti virus more info

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:52:21 -0500

Terry,
    Once your system is declared clear of malware, we'll work on getting rid
of bad installs & uninstalls like GetRight.  Right now, I'm much more
concerned about all of the other problems you're having.

    As you already know, there's no way for us to make a remote connection
for me to take a direct look at what's really going on there without
broadband on both ends.  I had a look at your HijackThis log, but nothing
stood out as malicious to me.  Having said that, I'm not trained as a
malware removal expert like the folks who work the various HJT forums (they
train for over a year before they're allowed to help folks without
supervision).  I'm going to strongly suggest that you re-run HJT and upload
a copy of the full log to one of them so their people can see if they spot
anything that might be causing all of this grief.  Be sure to read the rules
for posting so you know exactly what to expect from the experience.  Those
can be found in the very top thread called " Sticky: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read
This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help" (scroll down to see the
various threads).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/virus-trojan-spyware-help/
OR
http://tinyurl.com/6todlj

    Once a thread has been started for your log, send in a link to it so we
can follow along.  If you have any questions, we're right here.     :)

Happy Holidays,
Gman