-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't restore Intel Indeo Video Codec 4.5

  • From: Warren Standifird <wstandifird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:04:40 -0800

Hi Gman,
No need for apologies as I am thankful that you did get me on the right
track.
Meantime I did come up with four other possible solutions. One is to just
set
op the codec and necessary software on the old Dell computer. The second
option is to get another hard drive and restore the Fry's computer. That is
something that I plan to do someday anyway since I put too much into it to
just let it go to waste. My son took the thing all apart so I got to figure
out how
to put it back together.

The third solution is to install the Kingwin KF-2000-BK
3.5" Internal Hot Swap Rack and set it up as the C drive. This is something
that my son got but never used and gave to me, and is now just sitting
around
here. Then I would have one drive for the Vista system and a second hard
drive
for the old XP system. Then when I need to change from one system to the
other, I just swap the drives. Finally some of the work that requires the
Movie
Props can be done with the Iclone program instead of Poser. I got a lot of
learning to do before I can do that. Seems like it is always easier to
upgrade
the software than it is to upgrade my brain.

One nice thing about Vista is that the entire contents of the XP system was
saved on the disk in a folder called "Windows Old". So that should make it
much easier to restore the old system. That leaves me with at least half a
dozen possible options. So it will probably take me awhile to decide what to
do next.

Thanks again for your assistance on this matter.

Warren