-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't Access Desktop & Flickering Screen

  • From: Dan Chisolm <d0ct0rdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:03:11 -0400

Gman,

>Does gently wiggling the power connection seem to have any effect on the
>screen flicker?
Yes . . . it seems as though I was able to eliminate it briefly as I move it
around until I hit the right spot.  I'm comfortable trying to access the power
jack and solder any broken connections.  However, I suspect I would have to
disassemble it completely in order to access the problematic area . . . yikes!

>Do you have a USB mouse you can connect to the laptop to see if bypassing  the
>touchpad helps with everything>else?

Works perfectly.

 Thanks.

~ Dan

> From: gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't Access Desktop & Flickering Screen
> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:34:02 -0400
>
> Dan, I hate to suggest this, but it kinda sounds like the other end of the
> power jack is coming loose from the mobo inside the laptop.  If this is
> true, it requires taking the laptop completely apart and resoldering the
> mobo connection.  In some cases, the power jack develops a broken lead
> inside itself and needs to be replaced.
>
> Does gently wiggling the power connection seem to have any effect on the
> screen flicker?
>
> Do you have a USB mouse you can connect to the laptop to see if bypassing
> the touchpad helps with everything else?  If so, connect it before turning
> the system on and see what happens.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
>
> http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php
>
> "The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"

OR
in the Subject.