-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burning question--Lil

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 21:36:32 -0600

Not to worry Lil, I was late replying to your message! And yes, there were a
bunch of msgs to download. I haven't been online the past couple of days
since I am trying to better organize my files.

I am still having some problems, but not as severe as they were. I was going
to reinstall EZC-6...I dove into my big "pc" box where I have lots and lots
of old programs, floppy diskettes, books and all-around OLD pc stuff. I
found my backup copy CD for it, but I have not yet found my original. Oh
well, I thought...I'll just pop this backup I made a long time ago. I did
and I was surprised that it showed there was nothing on the disk! I know I
used it when I first got this pc, so at one time it was OK. Now I'll have to
go out to the cold garage and see if I can find my original.

You asked if I had deleted the original files, no I didn't do that. I'm
hoping to save them before something horrid happens. In my big pc box, I did
find some CDs that I made with EZC-6 over 2 years ago on this pc and they
are good! A few of the files have no extension, but the file size is right;
I copied and pasted one onto my desktop and added the .jpg...wow, it worked!
I opened it with ACDsee and it was gorgeous. Only the ones with 0 bytes are
not good.

I understand completely about your dogs...and cats, too. We have 2 dogs, one
is an American Pit Bull Terrier and I will tell you that we have had *many*
dogs over our 46 years, but he is the sweetest, smartest most well-mannered
dog we have ever had. He is nearly perfect! Gentlemanly but funny, too. Bad
owners, bad breeders and the media have given the properly raised dogs a bad
name. Our two cats were already established, and they taught him manners
early!

The bull mastiff has a little red-nose Staffordshire in him, but he too is
so sweet, even though he was terribly abused for about 4 years. He was so
starved that he couldn't stand up. Our grandson had to carry him in, and I
thought it was a sack of bones. He is scarred all over, but many of the
scars are not as visible any more. His poor ears were a mass of puncture
wounds.

I never dreamed when we took him on as a rescue, that he would be so sweet.
I thought we would really have our hands full...I also thought that he would
'hate' people because of how he was treated. But, other than wanting to sit
on my lap, he is pretty good. Like many mastiffs, he is a bit willful, but
wants so badly to please that he becomes totally bummed out if he thinks he
messed up. And wants to make it up to you by extra kisses, ha-hah.

You mentioned a possible problem with the DVD drive, it is possible and I
did wonder about that, I have played audio CDs in it teday, with no trouble.
But since it is a combo, it might just be.

I'll be working on the backup problem. I can't afford it really, but I was
even considering an external hard drive. Don't know for sure at this point.

Sammi