-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burners

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:40:06 -0700

I would suggest a DVD burner that also does CD's.  This gives you the most
flexibility.  You are best off, in my opinion, with a burner that does  both
DVD & CD disc in  +  and -  &  RW discs.  The speed is not all that
important unless you are going to be doing tons of them.

To make this simple... regular discs  (CD r'sor DVD r's)
 whether + or - are write one time discs.   You cannot erase data and reuse
the space.
An RW disc (either CD or DVD) can be erased and reused.  These discs cost
more.  I use these a lot for incremental backups of data.

I save up money and when they are on sale.... extremely cheap after rebates,
I buy a ton of them.  I get some and get friends to buy them..and I submit
all the rebates and get the checks from them when they come in.  I do favors
for them and make cd's of their pics for them too.

I typically do not pay more than $.50 a disc for DVD r''s.
I typically do not pay more than $.10 -$.15 each for CD r's

If you tell me what city you live in, I might be able to give you some hints
as to stores.....

You will also need software to burn either cd's or dvd's and I agree with
Lyn on Nero 6.6.
It gives you the flexibility to start simple and go from there.

There are good places to get cheap prices..and depending upon where you
live, you could save a bundle!

Rose
Las Vegas