-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup and latest Ghost (12.0)

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:08:02 -0500

Roger,
    BREATHE, my friend, BREATHE!!!!

    Considering the results you have experienced thus far, I am still
hesitant to move into the final chapter of troubleshooting session.  My
hesitation does not mean that things are not going well (they are).  It only
means that there is more work to do before I'm certain enough that your
system will hold up over the long haul.  If we are successful at returning
the Programs icon to its proper state AND the remaining icons come back
online, it will then be time to play my 'trump card'.

    If there are any other apps that remain iconless or appear to act
strangely when you run them (and I suggest you test each program in turn to
see which ones qualify), go ahead and try reinstalling them to see if they
return to normal.  In the meantime, I will do some research into why the All
Programs icon would act this way.  Most likely, it is a simple setting in
the registry that will need to be returned to its original state.  I will
advise.

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"