-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup and latest Ghost (12.0)

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:39:38 +1300

GMan!

originally "bated breath" from Shakespeare, "Merchant of Venice", a
shortened form of "abated" meaning to reduce in force (as in "the storm
abated"). Today the equivalent is "to "hold one's breath".
Can I breathe out now, please?

Have restored three apps successfully, however

1. The icons appear correctly on the Desktop,

2. but in the Start, Programs list they are still greyed out

3. I have just noticed (for the first time, due to my dimwittedness)
that the actual icon for "Programs" on the Start menu is greyed out, so
perhaps it's not surprising that the apps inside it are also greyed out.
This does not apply to most of the Microsoft, OE, Win apps, which show
their true icons.

Nevertheless the restored apps are working fine, so is it now time for
your brilliant idea mentioned in yr para 2 ?

Roger W