-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup and latest Ghost (12.0)

Hi Roger and Happy New Year.
    Well, perhaps we can work on making it happy for ya.

    Registry Mechanic is one of numerous programs that are designed to clean
the registry of unneeded items in order to speed up the system.  Personally,
I've never trusted that concept enough to make a habit of suggesting their
use.  While I would LOVE to be proved wrong (the concept is highly
seductive), I am not able to see any way that a small app, with no apparent
huge database to check against, can tell every abandoned entry apart from
one that is needed by a process that simply isn't running at the time of the
scan.  So, may I suggest you stop using it for a while and see if you can
detect any difference (other than the fact that your apps continue to work
after you don't run the reg app).        :O)

    Unfortunately, the only way I can help with your backups or your System
Restore issue is for you to give me some idea of what's happening there.

    A couple of years ago, I had a serious problem with Norton Ghost that
has caused me to shy away from it ever since.  That statement is not meant
to scare you away from it.  It's just to let you know that I have no recent
experience with the program, so I don't have any worthwhile
opinions/comments about it's ability to help you.

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"