-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Atatchments.

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:14:55 -0500

Yes.  And it is quite easy.... if you know the maximum size file they can
receive.

These instructions are for Outlook Express.  Other email clients should have
similar procedures.

Go to TOOLS>ACCOUNTS> and select the account you will send the file on.

Select PROPERTIES>ADVANCED then about 2/3 of the way down look for Sending
and place a check in the box next to   Break apart messages larger than . .
.
and enter a number about 75% of the maximum message size.

Mime encoding of your message will increase the size by about 25% so keep
the message size at 75% or less.

This setting will cause Outlook Express to break up larger messages into
smaller messages.  When the parts arrive at the recipients inbox Outlook
Express will automatically put them back together again.  If it doesn't, the
recipient should highlight the all of the messages that make up the file and
then click MESSAGE>Combine and decode.

A much easier way is to upload the file to www.rapidshare.de and send the
link to the person.  They can then download the file at their convenience.

Don