-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG Failing to update

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:08:36 -0500

Rick,

When you figure out the problem would you let us know?  I am deciding
between AVAST and AVG for an anti virus program and don't want AVG if there
are update problems with it.

BTW... did you properly configure your firewall to allow the update function
of AVG to access the Internet?  Apparently a lot of people didn't because it
is a very obvious link on the AVG Free download page.  It opens a PDF file
so you will need Adobe or some other PDF reader.

http://guru1a.grisoft.cz/softw/70free/doc/avg_free_firewall_install_en_70_5.pdf

If that doesn't work try this:
http://tinyurl.com/5wnh8

Thanks,
Don

Address Change Alert!!!

Please delete dsw32952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
from your address book.  My new email
addresses:

Group/Maillist related:  dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx
Personal mail: dsw28705@xxxxxxxxx
All other mail: dswabc@xxxxxxxxx

Do YOU want a gmail account?  Ask me for an invitation.