-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG Failing to update

  • From: " milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:22:31 -0800

I find that updating in the evening does the trick here. It won't get thru
to the update site any other time. I can try all day long with no luck. But
wait till AFTER 6pm and bingo..goes thru without a hitch.  THEN there is the
case of using another web site..if you go into the AVG ini file and change
it to add another url...at least it USED to work..havn't tried that since I
got the latest AVG.  Have to look that up again and see if it's workable.  I
think it was Lionel that had the " presciption " for that change. Posted it
here a few months back..