-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:23:24 -0400

Thannks!
my new system is winxp home. I put service pack 2 on it. It has an AMD
processor -
currently, it has AVG on it, but I have yet to bring it in here to hook it up to
the cable! I planned on doing that today - but I broke a tooth off, and am
running out of time before I head to the dentist. I would need to have it fully
operational for my daughter when she got home from school - which, it wouldn't
be.

this computer, is winXP home - intel processor. Norton 2004 system works. and
free zone alarm. No service pack 2 yet. no room for it on the system yet.

did you look at the titanium version of panda? that is what my friend's have.

If AVG has been working fine for everyone, I may just leave it on there and not
worry about purchasing one right now. I know the 2005 editions are out now too -
or hidden in the back room of the computer stores!!
Cris
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:41:45 -0400
This is great!! thanks!!
My son put AVG on it for now. I wasn't sure if that was what I was going to
keep
as the anti-virus or not. A friend recommended the new McAfee over Norton.
Panda
has been recommended highly - BUT - it doesn't run its scans automatically! and
I need that.
Cris

David F Wooledge, Chair
Erie County Community Support Program