-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:43:35 -0400

Well, I honestly don't know how true it is these days, but when email
attachment scanning modules were first introduced, they were terribly flaky
and the common sense approach was that the main scanning engine would be
much more thorough in checking out the contents of whatever had been sent
along with an email.  Since many attachment scanners still rely on their own
engines, a decent argument could be made that things haven't really changed
all that much.  The folks who really know how accurate these things are tend
to keep the info to themselves (company secrets), so we're left to guess.
Personally, I don't like guessing when it comes to my computer's security,
so I'll continue scanning stuff manually after saving it to my official
"Attachments" folder.        :)

Peace,
Gman