-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:00:06 -0400

According to their forums, this latest version includes the following:

Date: March 17, 2009 07:22PM
Program update AVG Free 8.5.278

Fixes & Improvements
New type of malware definitions, which allows a polymorphic malware
detection without creating any specialized algorithm.
Faster detection of polymorphic malware.
Fixed update on Windows 2000 with system drive formatted by FAT32 file
system.
Added detection of several other polymorphic malware (Swizzor, Sinowal,
Skintrim families).
Some of the LinkScanner crashes in Firefox resolved.
Tray icon of error status changed.
It is possible to start AVGUI in Safe Mode.

Even if you're already running a copy of the free 8.0 version, upgrading to
this one will require a full downlod of the newer free 8.5 version.
Considering some of the newer features, this looks like an easy decision.
If you're still running the free 7.x version on any operating system other
than Linux, you REALLY need to get your protection up to speed and update to
the latest one.  For those who prefer to go and get it manually, the main
link is below.

http://free.avg.com/download

Peace,
Gman