-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG

  • From: Geekette <geekette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:26:48 -0800

ML wrote:
>  Ewido  has partnered --or been overtaken by AVG ...AVG now has Ewido's
> spyware..I had Ewido  and it updated to AVG.

Yes, that was what I was indicating. . .that and that the cost would be
"free" rather than the 'Net rumor that as of Jan 1 '07 they would be
charging for the service.

---You said it much simpler than the quoted material from EWIDO. ---  : )

As to the 'Net rumor, I suppose only time will tell whether the product
remains free, but neither EWIDO nor AVG have made a public announcement
that I can find on any of the boards I frequent or on their respective
sites (that I can find.)

One of the best things about this list is that we work together to find
answers. . .if you read some of the boards where this topic is under
discussion, you will see that they quickly turned in to unnecessary
rudeness and flaming.

Anyone else find anything on the subject?