-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 4 everybody who lives outside exUSSR

I simply can't resist this...............

First, let me say I appreciated your candor in explaining why you choose to
steal software.  What I'm about to say applies to anyone who steals software,
not just you personally.  My comments reflect my morals, the way I was raised
and choose to live -- it has nothing to do with my income or country of birth.
My comments have to do with what I believe is right or wrong, no matter where
you live or how much money you make.

I don't care what your income, or country is -- to steal is wrong!   You steal
from people who work hard to produce the software, and are entitled top be paid
for their efforts.   Remember too, that you are not stealing from rich
Americans.  Much of the software today is written in countries where the income
levels are much lower than the US -- countries like China, Taiwan, India, and
RUSSIA!!   You, quite frankly, may ultimately be stealing from your own
neighbors.

If you doubt stealing is wrong, let me turn the tables and create a situation
that you might be able to easily relate to.  If someone breaks into your
apartment tonight and steals your computer, and is caught with the
computer................will it be OK with you that the person stole your
computer if his/her excuse is he only makes $200-$300 per month??  Will you
accept that excuse and let him take your computer because he can't afford to
pay for one himself??  Will you understand that he wants to spend his money on
clubs and music, and CHOOSES to steal your computer???

If you cannot afford to buy a given software, then buy a software that's
cheaper.....or use freeware.  In your explanation, you say your income buys "
apartment, car, food, clubs, music etc.".   Perhaps the issue is what your
personal priorities are.  Perhaps you ought to give up going to clubs....or
music, so you can afford to buy your software......but PLEASE don't give up
your integrity and honor by stealing software.

I now return you to your regularly schedules PCTechTalk
list....................     >8-P

Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
Master NetLord